My name is Ruth Harrison and I am a qualified and experienced counsellor and supervisor.
- MSc in Counselling (University of Salford)
- Diploma in Counselling
- I am a registered and also a fully accredited member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework (for more details see www.bacp.co.uk )
- ‘Level 7 Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision (University of Derby)
- Fully insured by the PPS (Psychologists Protection Society) www.ppstrust.org
- I have an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Certificate which is renewed on a yearly basis’
Having worked as a counsellor for over 25 years in various settings including private practice, a GP Practice, Manchester University and Stockport College, I have worked with a diverse range of clients in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, sexuality and disability and helped people deal with a wide range of issues, see below.
Over the years I have worked in a variety of settings with a wide cross section of people; this means I have the skills and experience to help you overcome your difficulties and to help you develop strategies to manage challenges in the future.
Issues I Can Help With
The types of issues I have helped people deal with include those listed below:
- Feeling generally anxious or stressed
- Feeling generally low in mood or unhappy
- Finding it difficult to cope with life in general
- Finding it difficult to cope with a particular life event
- Finding it difficult to make an important decision
- Relationship and family difficulties
- Low self-confidence and low self-esteem
- Dealing with the impact of abuse or bullying
- Dealing with the loss of someone close
- Stress in the workplace
- Study related stress
I have worked extensively with people experiencing low self-esteem and low self-confidence, people who have experienced abuse or bullying, people experiencing relationship difficulties and identity issues.
I have worked extensively with young people (between 16 and 25) in educational settings (college and university). As well as helping with general life issues I supported them with study related stress and anxiety.